Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mom says: "Breakfast/Grocery Choices"

We discovered this morning that when your street is all torn up with working machines, somebody has to feed the workers. We looked out and the taco truck was in front of the house. Dad said we didn’t need to go anywhere for breakfast – that we could just go out to the street. Of course, he said, I’d have to go because he didn’t speak Spanish.

We decided to go to Fran’s instead. And then since I needed English muffins, and we were out and about, we decided that we’d go to Central Market. I did get my English muffins – and $65 of other stuff that I didn’t even know I needed till we got there.

After we got home, and were unpacking our heirloom cantaloupe, scones and clotted cream, hummus and flat bread, extra large artichokes, etc., I said to Dad, “If we went to Central Market every week,” and he finished my sentence, “We’d double our food costs.” And I told him, “Yeah, but we’d feel obligated to eat at home after we’d spent all that money, and it would be much healthier for us.” I’ll let you know how the week goes.

3 comments:

pat said...

I'd been concerned that you all might be stuck at home - not able to get out! Which would have made me think of a jillion things that I needed, right now!!

Julie said...

Hey, I would have gone with the truck out front. When our airport pick-up lady finally picked us up (in Dallas) on Thursday morning, she asked if we wanted breakfast. When she asked what specifically we wanted, we both said,"breakfast tacos". We were looking for a Taco Cabana, but ended up at Whataburger, which was just as good. (No Whataburgers in WV, you know).

Rob said...

I'm with Julie - anyone can go to Central Market. You don't get to go to a mobile taco stand just anywhere (and the workers look at you kind of funny if you are driving around until you see one and then pull over...)