Monday, August 11, 2008

If you were to guess

I suspect you would not guess that is a public restroom. However, this is Austin and that is exactly what it is - newly installed on the hike-and-bike trail along Lady Bird Lake. Other views show that the steel planks curl into a less porous center core that contains all the essential restroom elements.

Not only that, this structure has made the short list for the World Architecture Festival Awards. I just wonder what category it was entered under? "Best use of old steel planks" or "Most likely to leave them guessing" or "Most certain to create a shy bladder?

Way to go, Austin!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Okay, I have a serious problem using public, out-in-the open restrooms anyway, so I would have a real problem with this one. It's not that I have the issue with the port-a-potty itself, it's just that I don't want to exit the port-a-potty into the whole world looking at me. (Hi, everyone! Yes, all is well now, thanks for asking.)

This one would be worse, because everyone would be looking at it - ooh.