Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Thursday was my 2-year Blogaversary. Two hundred and forty posts and counting. Thank you, Google Empire for keeping up with these things.

If you know me you know that I long ago lost my sense of smell. There are times when I cannot smell gasoline. And there are times - especially after asthma episodes - when I've been pumped full of steroids and antibiotics - that I can smell everything in the county. This is one of those times and it's been consistent for about a month now. I could get used to this. It does have its down side though. Like the woman in the grocery store who evidently bathes in her cologne. Wow!

Those of you who live in the Central Valley of California probably don't want to know that the high in Austin is expected to be about 75 degrees today. No, I didn't think so.

This pretty little plant came to our house as a Mother's day gift. It's a Phalaenopsis Orchid, which is supposed to be an easy orchid to care for. We shall see about that.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the orchid. It's beautiful. In fact, I'm really liking orchids in general lately...