Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Boldly Go...

You how it is with old folks; sometimes they get a wild hair and go off and do strange things - like go to the movies. Yes, it's true. We went to see Star Trek.

Let's see - I think the last movie we saw in a theater on our own was Return of the King. That would have been in... let's see.. hmmm... 2003. How do we stand the craziness?

I didn't keep up with it, but I think over the years I've seen most of the original series, or 'TOS' as they called - Star Trek - TOS. As opposed to Star Trek TNG - the Next Generation or Star Trek DS9 - Deep Space Nine. I never got interested in any of those, or the movies, for that matter, though I did see a couple of them. Interestingly the Original Series only lasted 3 seasons - 1966 - 1969. But there have been a million reruns of those 79 episodes.

The new movie was billed as the origins, and they did a masterful job of gathering all the characters into the group that we are familiar with - Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Bones, etc. Plus, it was a pretty cool space-action movie in its own right. And guess what? All the characters have already signed up for two sequels.

Cool movie. Can't wait until 2015 to go to the next one.

1 comment:

Julie said...

We haven't seen it yet, but all I've heard about it was good.

We want to see "Up", too.