Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Whoa! We've been de-treed!

I mentioned that the City of Austin had tree-trimming crews in the neighborhood. They stopped by and left us a description of the 5 trees they were going to remove (small hackberrys) and the two trees they were going to trim - but they didn't mention that if there were smaller trees between the 5 they were going in the chipper too. Here's the before and after:

The view toward the house in back of us - before.


The view toward the house in back of us - now.


The corner toward the Nichols - then.


The corner toward the Nichols - now.


I feared the trim job on the Bramblett pecan.


But they didn't take too much there.


I do think it set our birdwatching back significantly. I saw a Cardinal down by the fence, looking around as if saying, "What the @#$% happened here? I went to work this morning and every thing was fine. I come home to a pile of sawdust!"

2 comments:

pat said...

I think I would have cried. They butcher my trees every couple of years, but at least they are still there.

Barbara said...

Better that than losing your electricity every time a big storm comes through and takes down a line.