Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Meanderings

I'm sure we had a big 4th of July celebration. Hmm. Can't exactly remember what, but I'm sure we did something.

People at church were talking about having to pen up their dogs on the 4th because fireworks cause them to go berserk. One person told about having some left over Roman Candles and when when some friends were at the house for New Years, he thoght he would light them. He no sooner had one stuck in the ground and lit when his dog - thinking this was a stick and they were going to play fetch - grabbed the Roman Candle out of the ground and started running around the yard. Pretty soon fireworks were shooting every where, everybody was diving for cover and the dog was doing figure-eights in the back yard, fleeing from whatever was chasing him and the stick! Nothing got burned down, but the dog wouldn't ever play fetch again.

In at least some of the restrooms at church (I haven't been in all of them) they have installed fancy new soap dispensers. Put your hand under the spigot and it will automatically foop! some foamy soap on them. But at first, it would only fpp! a little and then it wouldn't work again for a while. There must be a sensitivity adjustment because today if your hands were anywhere in the wash basin it would FOOOP! And then FOOOP! again when you moved just a little. Pretty soon I've got foamy soap on my hands, on my shirt sleeve and all in the basin and I can't put my hands under the water to wash it off without it going FOOOP! again. I think some desensitization is in order here.

There may be a reason why Mom and I don't go to many movies. We got a coupon for a Time Warner Movie-On-Demand for 99 cents. Okay, here's the M-O-D channel and here's at least 100 movies to choose from. Hmm. Any body want a 99 cent movie coupon?

Slim Meanderings this week. Too much celebrating on the 4th.

No comments: