Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Oct 12

Mom shared an incident from one of her classes at Austin Grad. During class, a cell phone began playing a merry jingle. Everyone immediately checked their phone, if only to be sure it was on vibrate, but the melody played on. And on. The owner of the phone acknowledged that she had an incoming call, but did nothing to silence it. Meanwhile the song continued until finally the instructor, Jeff Peterson said, "(students name), we have a long tradition of valuing acapella music in the churches of Christ. In keeping with that tradition, please turn off your phone."

Saw a photo online - one of those church reader-board signs. I think (hope?) it was one of the signs where you can make up your own stuff. It read:
New and Improved
Starbucks Coffee and WI-FI!
More Cussing and Sex Talk
Pastor Wears Jeans and Gel
Mom went to the coast this past weekend. I stayed home. Someone at church asked me why I didn't go. I told them "Because I wasn't invited." That's not entirely true, but there has been a lot of togetherness lately and more to come.

But she brought me back a picture from the beach.



1 comment:

Julie said...

Okay, I don't think the puppy wants to go in the water...