Friday, January 8, 2010

Reflections on a season

Somehow I feel compelled to comment on the football season just past. Not sure why.

I'm not devastated that UT lost - I would have been elated if they won, but they didn't and that's that. I just skimmed the 10 (!) pages of breathless, deathless prose that the AS published. Game's over folks. Bama won. Let's move on.

In a way, Colt's early injury took the anxiety out of watching the game. I could enjoy watching the UT defense turn in a stellar performance. I could see Gilbert begin to get the idea. I could (with no way to prove it) think that UT would have won the game with Colt.

I guess I mostly want to add my two cents to all that has been said about Colt. Mom said  this morning that she wished there was a way to tell him thanks - something more than one more note addressed to the UT Athletic department. I said "Give it to him Sunday. He'll probably be at church." And I guess that's the thing that stands out in my mind. If he is in town, he'll be in church Sunday morning.

Here are a few links to videos and blogs regarding Colt. You've probably already seen much of this.

You know the media is desperate when they interview the church staff.

And I appreciated Trey Morgan sharing this example.

And here is some insight on what went on in the locker room.

And finally, Colt's post game interview.

See you Sunday, Colt. Good job.

2 comments:

Rob said...

OK, I was doing pretty good until I got to reading the links. Oh, and I didn't watch the interview ... I've already almost cried through it once, don't need to do it again.

Julie said...

Yes, poor Colt. And poor Gilbert. I really liked the article about the two quarterbacks,but I wish he had ended it more positively. But, I guess in that situation, that was more just how it was.