Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Special

Random thoughts gleaned from the Internet (and you thought I was just wasting time) -
  1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
  2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
  3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
  4. There is great need for a sarcasm font
  5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
  6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
  7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
  8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
  9. Bad decisions make good stories.
  10. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
  11. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means this will never get washed -- ever.
  12. I think the freezer deserves a light as well..
  13. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.
  14. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can’t wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that’s not only better, but also more directly involves me.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Okay:

#4 - a sarcasm font would be a wonderful thing. In fact, most of my closest friends would _love_ to have one most of the time. In fact, a particularly sarcastic friend was telling me about how another person answered her sarcasm by saying, "Well, sarcasm is the lowest form of humor." To which I responded, "Not if you know how to do it well."

#5 - I can't figure out how to fold fitten sheets, either. I even printed a little sheet-folding tutorial off the internet, and I still don't get it.

#8 - I'm with you on the obituaries. In fact, I have to resort to looking at which organization the in-lieu-of-flower donations should go to in order to guess how they might have died. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.,

#9 - This is very intriguiging to me: Bad decisions make good stories. Hmmm.

#12 - And yes, why doesn't the freezer have a light. I'm going to make a new digital button just for that.

Julie said...

Wait a minute. My freezer already _has_ a light. So much for that digital button.

Rob said...

4. Sarcasm is a spiritual gift, isn't it?

6. For you and me, no, it wasn't.

7. I have always wondered - if you Mapquest from (name of town) to (name of town you are going), do you have to drive from where you are to where Mapquiest starts the trip in your town?

10. Know, I usually know when it will strike and it always seems to involve the drive to work.

pat said...

#6: No