Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'll remember this

Randy Harris was one of the keynote speakers at the Renew Conference hosted by the College church in Fresno a couple of weeks ago. I was listening to a CD of one of his sessions and felt compelled to share part of it with you. Randy gives attribution to Marcus Borgman (I think - I couldn't quite hear the name and have not been able to find this individual).

Nevertheless, the part that I want to share is the statement that "If your life is going to be meaningful, you need to have moments that happen frequently, about which you can say the following four things:"

"There's no place else I'd rather be."

"There's nobody I would rather be with."

"There's nothing I would rather be doing."

"I will remember this."

He continues, "If your life doesn't have just a whole lot of those moments, you might want to work on your life."

I have experienced those moments in the past; perhaps less frequently than I could have, but at this stage in my life I find myself often thinking that I love where I am, and what I'm doing, and who I'm doing it with. And even with my increasingly unreliable memory, this is what I will remember.

No comments: