Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Meanderings - April 12

Had this wonderful idea - since it was so nice out on the patio (this was last week during our two weeks of Spring), I'll just take the laptop out there and blog and surf and enjoy the Internet midst Mother Nature. Except, when the laptop is on battery power the screen brightness is reduced about 20% to save on battery. I couldn't see the screen content. OK, I'll string the umbilical cable out there and achieve full brightness and then I'll be able to see the screen. Well, I could, but just barely. So much for mobile blogging.

I lifted this quote from Phil Ware: "Duct Tape is the 'Force'… it has a Light side and a Dark side, and it binds the universe together."

On our trip to Lubbock last week we were struck at how many Red Bud trees there were growing in the wild - out in pastures and alomgside the road (usually in the fence-line, which makes sense). Dozens of them - until we got to about Brownwood, and then we only saw them near houses or other areas where they had been planted. Maybe Brownwood marks a climate zone boundary, as there are very few wild Red Buds north of that line.

That Luke is an avid reader is very well established. We were in Mecca  Barnes and Nobles and Barb bought Luke a copy of "his very most favorite book of all time." He was talking about it, and a woman introduced herself to us as a 3rd grade teacher and asked Luke what other books he had read and liked. So Luke the reader, his mother the Children's Literature teacher and the inquiring 3rd grade teacher had quite a discussion about books while standing in Barnes and Nobles. I'm sure she was impressed. I was.

1 comment:

Cynthia A. said...

I would sit out with a blanket over my head and the laptop until I learned about the function key and those cute little "suns" on my keyboard. Makes it much easier to enjoy nature w/o the blanket over my head.