Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Meanderings - July 26

I spent some time back in the office this past week. It was really refreshing to be back with my fellow workers, attending meetings, solving problems, diligently working on creative solutions to the customer's needs. But the best part was interacting with my fellow workers.

Why yes, they do read my blog from time-to time at the office. Why do you ask?

The other day, I saw a man mounted on horseback riding up the sidewalk on Braker, headed toward I-35. Earlier, you will recall, I saw a runner with an Olympic-style torch running on Braker. I think this settles it. We are definitely having some type of Olympic event here in Austin. At the very least, we are going to have a torch-lighting ceremony and equestrian events. Can't wait.

Last week Fedex Ground delivered a very large box full of A/C filters that I had ordered over the Internet. Stuck on the box was a little 3" tag that said "Delivery Notice. We delivered your package." I never would have noticed, otherwise.

Jaime's Spanish Village Cafe is closing. It is not on our dining-out list, but it was - 50 years ago. When in High School, whenever we would come to Austin for a UIL event, or Yearbook clinic, or whatever, the SVC was a must. I think we ate there once shortly after moving to Austin. Maybe we should have given them more of our business.

I guess it would really be poor form to reblog Jon Acuf's "Stuff Christians Like" two weeks in a row. So I'll just provide a link to a blog about "The Most Dangerous Vehicle on the Road" - the  church youth group van. Been there, driven that.

No comments: