Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Meanderings - Oct 4


This, by the way, is not Bob the Dog. But if he doesn't change his ways...

Seen this week on a bumper sticker - "Honk if I left the infant seat on top of the car again"

New at Chuy's - Stuffed Fried Avocado. It's as decadent as it sounds.

Okay, I admit that I'm knee-deep in stereotypes here, but can you tell me what department at Home Depot Barb was in when  Associate Roger told her he just loved her purse?

The Statesman had several pictures of SWAT teams and other officials responding to the incident on the UT campus this week. One picture was of an officer who appeared at first to be carrying a bazooka to the scene. A bazooka? Was this the proper response? Is that ever the proper response on campus? Fine print in the caption identified the long, tubular object as a battering ram. Oh. Okay.

And our friend Sarah proposed on Facebook that today should be "a no-Monday Monday. Pajama day, sleep in, and call off all obligations" day. I asked her how that differed from my every Monday? And Tuesday, and...

And also on Facebook, our other daughter Julie - no the other Julie - said, "What's the correct answer when your child asks if you want to see them ride their scooter with no hands and their eyes shut?"

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It isn't nice to gloat about your permanent pajama wearing capabilities. I've been up 2.5 hours, run 4.5 miles, have dinner thawing, and a load of laundry started (Troy did do one carpool shuttle... I'm about to head out on the other). Ready for my nap and it isn't yet 8 a.m.

Because of my Steel Magnolia love, I have to guess you were in track lighting... Troy is going with interiors and window treatment for $5,000, Alex. Hilarious.

In answer to Julie, the answer is always, "No, thank you."

Holly said...

Stuffed fried avacado? I will have to pay a visit to a Chuy's here in search of that!

Julie-the other daughter said...

I automatically started to say yes, I'll watch you, until what he said sunk in.
Gotta go to Chuys now. Take care and say hi to Mom.

Julie said...

Okay, I'm definitely going to guess paint or curtain/wallpaper department.

That picture with the bazooka/battering ram was in the LA times, too.