Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Meanderings - 7.25.2011

I was rather taken aback while scanning recent visitors to this blog to find a look from someone at usdoj.gov - the Department of Justice. First the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, now the DOJ. It was two other guys, honest. Then I saw that the DOJ had entered the search term "why was Rachel Bueller issued a red card." Good to know that others thought that was a suspicious call from the referee.

Everyone at Learning Ally is all a twitter; two of our readers are engaged to each other. I guess they have been reading between the lines.

Have I mentioned Bert and Ernie? Two large ducks that hang out in front of Mimi's restaurant? There's a pond nearby but evidently they decided Honey Oat Bran muffins made a better meal than pond fare. According to the manager, that's the only flavor of muffin - out of seven or eight choices - that they will eat. If offered anything else, they just stand there and quack at whoever offered the offending food.

Had an earache this past week, so went to see the Doctor, expecting drops. He gave me pills instead. Said to start with two, then 1 a day. Not working out well. Two is all I can get in the ear at a time.

While watching women's softball this weekend I happened to see part of a Team USA (men's) slow-pitch game. Takes you back to the church-league days, except most of these guys were old geezers. Well, compared to the 16-year-old girl pitching for the women's Canadian National team, mid-40's is geezer-hood. And they kept talking about the 10 Home Run Rule. It seems that it is so easy to slap the ball into the next county that after 10 home runs, each ball-over-the-fence counts as an out! Tends to keep the ball in play.

Don't send me anymore "It is so hot..." jokes. I've lost my sense of humor in that regard. I'm just hunkered down under the fan for the duration, with nothing to do.

1 comment:

pat said...

I agree with the ducks, that's my favorite too.