Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Big Brother is Watching. And Listening. And Counting...

I told you about needing hearing aids. I'm currently in my "evaluation period" where I wear them during all the different activities I engage in and all the places I go, so that I can get used to them and determine how helpful they are. In theory, I wear them all day, every day. Of course I do.

Monday I went back to the Audiologist for a follow-up; she hung a little bluetooth device around my neck, clicked on the computer a couple of times, and lo-and-behold the little suckers ratted me out! There on the screen was a graph of my daily use!

"Well," said the Audiologist, "You did wear them for 6 hours one day, but on average, you are not doing too well. Let's check the programs. Hmmm, you spent very little time in a 'loud environment' and I see that you turned them down twice. You spent just a few hours in 'medium' noise level. All the rest of the time is measured as 'quiet environment.'  Perhaps you need to get out more during this evaluation."

For all I know these things are tracking my movements, as well. Maybe the Audiologist is listening in! Does the CIA know about these?

But that's not all. When I got home, Barb demonstrated her new CPAP machine.

She said, "The good news is that Medicare covers it, if you use the machine a certain number of hours out of the month."
He said, "Oh? And just how is it that Medicare finds out how many hours a month you use it?"
She said, "It keeps a log, and you send the download to the doctor's office."

In other words, it rats on you. Just like the hearing aids.

Just to be on the safe side, right now I'm examining my toothbrush very carefully. It did come from the Dentist's office, you know.

1 comment:

pat said...

and you count blog hits.