Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Meanderings - 4.23.12

A follow-up to the Sleep Study: the doctor's office called to tell me that the doctor wanted to schedule the second half of the study. By that time I had stewed over just how miserable the 1st part had been, so I said to the nurse, "The only way I'm going to do that again is at gunpoint," and I made an appointment to discuss this with the doctor.

So I go in for the appointment and the woman at the desk gets the giggles when I tell her my name, and then the nurse comes and gets me, and as we're walking down the hall, she says, "At gunpoint, huh?" and when the doctor comes in he's grinning and says, "Just want you to know I'm not carrying." It's in my chart, for crying out loud!! I'm probably going to get written up in a medical journal somewhere, or get quoted in the "Ridiculous Things Patients Say" column in the newsletter!

Can't help but wonder what happens out there in Cyberspace; for some reason the majority of Google hits on this blog this month have been about the album of old-timey 78rpm records that I found, with most of the searches  for this subject originating in Europe. What incident or happening in Europe has generated an interest in old records? IMWTK (by the way, that means "Inquiring Minds Want To Know," and should not be confused with the old geezer text abbreviation for "I Might Want The Kaopectate."

Waiting at a traffic light and a guy crosses in front of us, pushing an empty wheel chair. He had the look of a  panhandler, so I wondered if the wheel chair was part of his persona and now that he was off work, he no longer needed to sit in it. However, after crossing the street, he took a bucket of water from the seat of the chair and poured it on the grass. I have no idea, but this is Austin.

They unveiled a statue of Willie Nelson outside  the Austin City Limits studios this week. Someone commented that it was too bad the statue was bronze; they always considered him a stoned sort of guy.

And did you hear about the paranoid dyslexic? He's always afraid he's following someone.

No comments: