Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Meanderings - 10.21.2013

At California Pizza Kitchen the other evening, two girls were seated in a booth adjacent to our table. They received their meal order, and then after a brief consultation, began trying to get the attention of a server. Any server. As their waving and gesturing became more and more animated, I thought that there must be something seriously wrong with their food order. Soon, Barb and I were looking around for waitstaff as well, and finally someone stopped to see what was so urgently important. After a brief discussion, one of the girls joined the other on the bench seat and the waitress sat down in the other seat... and took their picture!

Barb moved all the plants inside this weekend. They prospered during the summer months and she had to hack them back significantly in order to fit them into their allotted space inside. Even with major trimming, they still sort of overflow the plant stands.

It was time to bring them in - temps were in the low 40's Sunday morning. We also added the blanket to the bed Saturday, and it was needed!

I have seen these before (and perhaps have posted them), but I'm still amused.
Senior Citizen's Text Codes -
* ATD- At the Doctor's
* BFF - Best Friend's Funeral
* BTW- Bring the Wheelchair
* BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth
* CBM- Covered by Medicare
* CUATSC- See You at the Senior Center
* DWI- Driving While Incontinent
* FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
* GGPBL- Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
* GHA - Got Heartburn Again
* LMDO- Laughing My Dentures Out
* LOL- Living on Lipitor
* TOT- Texting on Toilet
* WAITT - Who Am I Talking to?
*GGLKI - Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In!

And speaking of Senior Moments, I was amused when I parked by this van. It occurred to me that this might be a new mobile service being offered."Yes, Sir. You're next. Climb aboard."

No comments: