Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Meanderings - 12.2.2013

You may now call me the Waffle King! Yes, it's true! You may recall that I have a long history of disastrous waffle-making. Just could not master the art. But all that has changed since I purchased the new Jumbo Waffle-Matic 9000. Yes, I just pour the waffle juice onto the iron, close it, flip it over and in mere minutes out comes a fluffy, golden, Belgian Waffle that DOES NOT STICK TO THE IRON! Technology is such a wonderful thing.

Managed to successfully avoid the crowds over the gray Thursday, black Friday and small-business Saturday. That's not hard to do if you stay home and watch football. Saved thousands! True, we had to adjust our normal shopping day, but that was no biggy.

I noticed a marked up-swing in attendance at Silver's Gym on Friday and Saturday. A lot of penance going on there. Thankfully, I personally did not feel the need to repent. I quashed my guilt feelings long ago.

Okay, it's now officially OK to break out the Christmas decorations and start playing the carols. And yes, I have covered my eyes and ears for the last 2 months while out shopping!

Local Longhorn supporter had a little chain-saw art performed on a (dead) tree in his front yard. Quite a buzz around town and a number passers-by are stopping by for photo opportunities. An Aggie who lives up the street is hoping his tree dies soon so he can respond with a gig-em sculpture.

I love this town!

No comments: