Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 3.24.14

I am not ashamed to admit that taking the extra blanket off the bed this weekend was premature. I know we are going to beg for some of these cool temperatures later this year, but really?
The Bluebonnets finally began showing up in abundance this past week. We were beginning to wonder. Jury is still out on what kind of wildflower season this will be.
Guy came into the Allergist's office the other day wearing shorts made of flimsy looking jersey-type material. Not to worry. He had them hitched up with suspenders. Then I encountered an old grey-bearded dude walking down the street with a skateboard in hand. Old geeks rule.

 You know you are getting old when someone you watched play Lady Longhorn Basketball has now retired after a long and successful coaching career.

Stopped in at a place we seldom go (read: the waitstaff does not know us, unlike some eateries in town), ordered lunch and then I noticed the ticket was highly personalized.
Since I had not given the clerk my name (like you do at Chik-Fil-A) I was a little startled about that. Did Burger King make a deal with NSA? Did Google suggest my name to the King? Then I remembered that I paid with a credit card. Don't know about you, but I find that a little creepy.

No comments: