Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 8.18.2014

Two pecan limbs on the ground this week in two separate incidents! Both are from my neighbor's tree again, and like the first one, these limbs are also mostly in my yard. Only took the neighbor 2 weeks to get the first one picked up. I guess the yard guys will just have to mow around them until they gets disposed of. I could do what? It's hot out there!

When you are retired (and old) it is sometimes hard to keep up with what day it is. So, when I called the American-Statesman circulation office last week to complain that my Sunday paper hadn't been delivered, they told me - very politely - that the reason it hadn't been was because it was Saturday! Huh. I guess that's why nobody was at church.

For the first time in however many years I have been recording books for the visually impaired, I was assigned an adult fiction book! I'm reading David Baldacci's "The Hit." Unlike the textbooks we normally work on, I will be the only reader for this book. Based on what I got done the first session, I estimate this may take me 12 weeks to complete. Maybe I should read faster.

1 comment:

pat said...

I kept wondering why the yard men didn't come this morning. Then I remembered its Monday. They come on Tuesday.