Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Meanderings - 1.12.2015

It's not often I wait until Monday itself before writing Monday Meanderings, but we were holding a memorial service for the late lamented Cowboys and Broncos last night and it ran long. Which neither the Cowboys or Broncos themselves actually did.

The Cowboys-Packers game was billed as Ice Bowl II, but it looked balmy compared to IB I; I know, because I was there. Well, I was in the TV audience. We didn't have a TV in 1967- not too many did -  so we drove to Breckenridge to visit my parents and went over to Johnny Brannon's to watch the game. That one didn't turn out well either.

It's been a quiet week in my home town. About the only news item that caught my attention was that police arrested a couple of guys for stealing a big trailer...full of crackers. Maybe they were going to open a chili parlor, or a BBQ joint.

And in what seems fairly typical for our uber-eco-friendly town, we invited the Cyclo-Cross community to hold their national championship races in Zilker Park and then got all bent out of shape when the Parks Department found out that a thousand or so bicycles going in circles through the park make ruts!

Oh, and we did hunker down for the great ice storm of January '15. That didn't amount to much either. Not sure what we are going to do with these 6 cases of peanut butter. Let me know if you would like a jar. Or a carton.

Hab a goo wee. Dwat. Go' peaut buer stu to da roo my mout!

No comments: