Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 5.9.2016

We've gone back to 2 services at our church and now are faced with a choice of the starts-too-early 1st service, or the too-late-to-beat-the-Baptists 2nd service. I'm thinking it should be like when we were kids and went to the movies, often arriving in the middle and watching until "here is where we came in."

I was quite surprised to get a comment on a prior blog post (about a survey showing that Austin is a big coffee town) from the makers of the survey itself, thanking me for my reference and pointedly asking if I might not want to provide a link to the actual survey. The surprising part was that someone besides close family members actually reads this blog.

And speaking of coffee. Barb upgraded to a gallon-size Yeti drink cup and passed down her 20 ounce Yeti Rambler to me. So now each morning and evening I fill my Yeti with coffee and enjoy hot coffee for the next 6 or so hours. Hot. Hot coffee. Stays hot. For hours. So now I often find myself still drinking coffee at midnight, and you know how that plays out during the night. Yes, it's decaf, and it's the same amount of coffee I had been drinking; it's just it takes me ever so much longer to drink it. And process it. And this is a test to see if the Yeti folks read my blog too. I mean, it is an Austin company, after all.

And once again, we take credit for this stretch of cooler weather. I swear, the extra blanket is not coming off again until the 4th of July. Maybe not until the middle of August!

3 comments:

See-Dub said...

Count me in as a Chuy's-loving, orange-blooded Austin expat who reads your blog and isn't family (although I know and love some of your Fort Worth kinfolk)!

pat said...

I don't have a Yeti yet. Although most of my family does.

And yes, the blanket is still on.

Bob said...

See-Dub

If you know and love family, then I count you as family too, because (depending on which family members you know and love) that makes you weird, like us. And I like that in a family member.