Monday, November 20, 2017

Monday Meanderings - 11.20.2017

Okay, I got the heading correctly spelled and properly dated. For the record, I will not be writing this blog in 2701.

Don't you just love those days spent in overcoming technical challenges? For several years I have used a password manager that sat quietly embedded in my favorite browser. I had my log-ons and Barbara had hers and everybody was happy. Until Firefox followed Chrome's lead and kicked most browser extensions out, including my password manager. So everything had to be updated - and merged - no more separate files - and it's a pretty cludgy interface! And there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth in all the land.

Speaking of technology advances, the other night my phone began barking! Not the little yap, yap that you find in the ringtones - this was the attack Doberman in full throat! It seems my fancy doorbell purveyor has added a neighborhood watch to its app. When a neighbor posts an alert of suspicious behavior, the Doberman lets us all know!

And one more. Being a lawful driver, I often use Siri to accommodate my hands-free requests, such as add an appointment, or make a call. After one such request the other day, Siri said, "What would you do without me?"

Well, the author has approved my narration and the audio book is in the hands of Audible's quality control department. It's nervous time for me. I've jumped through all the technical requirement hoops that I know of; if they say it doesn't measure up, I'm not sure what else I can do.

It has been quite a learning experience for me. I far exceeded the 5-to-1 ratio of production to narration, but if I do this again (and that's a big if) I'll know how to go about it.

No comments: