Monday, December 4, 2017

Monday Meanderings - 12.4.2017

Wow. How did it get to be December already? Seems like we used up this year pretty fast. I guess it's time to get out the Santa hat and see what kind of trouble I can cause this season.

Speaking of Santa, I was chatting with the person next to me before class yesterday and someone mentioned his son's Christmas list. I asked about the list and the guy said, "Take a look at this," whereupon he pulled up a Google Document on his phone and showed me what his 8-year old had created.

The kid's list was about 8 pages long, grouped by price range and in order of preference. Not only that, each item had a link to an online seller! So much for the old mark-the-page in the Sear's catalog.


I have mentioned the Austin Chronicle before; a free newspaper that takes a non-traditional stand on just about everything. Of special note are the ads on the back page. For things like:
  • TAP DANCERS WANTED - Performance group age 50+
  • KID ENTERTAINERS - Will Train
  • TAROT READINGS - Clear Answers
  • MOTORBLADE.COM - Poster dude puts fliers in 200 legal spots
  • Come Race With Us - Soap Box Classic
  • Harmonica Lessons


No comments: