Monday, January 29, 2018

Monday Meanderings - 1.29.2018

The big news this week is that I am back behind the microphone - hard at work on my 2nd audio book. As I suspected might happen, the author of the book I recorded in December contacted me about doing another of her books. I must say, that this book is slightly better than the first. Or maybe I'm becoming enured to the genre. This book takes place in post-civil-war Nebraska - a prairie romance with a southern belle and the handsome sheriff. I just read 'em, folks. I don't write them.

The first book is selling semi-briskly. I actually received my first royalty-share check the other day. So far, I have earned about 2 cents for each hour I spent recording the book. However, as I have pointed out, it was a learning experience, and by comparison, I'm breezing through the 2nd book. Think how I'll do with the 3rd. Yes, she does have more books that need narration.

There was no pecan harvest from our tree this fall, but the Vietnamese lady must think she needs to stay in our good graces for the coming year, because she stopped by the other day and left a bag of tangerines. Satsumas, from the looks of them.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have another chapter to record.

No comments: