Monday, May 7, 2018

Monday Meaanderings - 5.7.2018

Busy weekend. We made a quick trip (just over 24 hours) to Nashville to see our oldest grandson graduate from Lipscomb University. Mind you, this was just a few days after watching him graduate from high school in California. He breezed (from our perspective) through a double major of Engineering and Mathematics in 4 years, gathering honors and accolades in the process. Now he's going off to change the world.  Well done, Jericho. Well done.

There are amazing young people out there. If you have followed this blog you know that I do the sound for the Central Texas Medical Orchestra. Last week's concert featured guest violinist was a young woman named Haeun Moon. I don't have words to describe how well she played. She was staggeringly, jaw-dropping good! A few minutes into her performance every one was checking her bio in the concert program, expecting to see items like. "...Julliard School of Music" and "...studied under so-and-so at at such-and-such Conservatory." Instead, it said Haeun was fourteen years old and a Freshman at Mid Way High School in Waco!

My normal breakfast is a chocolate protein drink. Mix it up, let it chill in the freezer a short while and I'm good to go. The other morning I had a fasting, nothing-by-mouth Doctor's visit and from there I was headed to another appointment with no chance for a breakfast stop, so....

I decided to mix my protein drink, chill it and put it in a Yeti cup to keep it cold-ish, and enjoy it between appointments. I don't know about all protein mixes, but I discovered that if an hour or so passes, this particular mix sets up like cement. Tilt the cup and... nothing! It's all congealed in the bottom! I did save the day by pulling through a Starbucks and patiently stirring in hot coffee to make a Chocolate Protein Mocha that became drinkable. Could have opted for breakfast tacos instead, but I was afraid if I didn't act quickly I would never get it out of my Yeti.

Ya'll have a good week.



No comments: