Monday, June 4, 2018

Monday Meanderings - 6.14.2018

Don't know where you are, but it's hawt in Texas. Please notice that hawt is hotter than plain old hot.

Went meandering last week. Did you miss me? Of course, I saw in person both of my readers, so all is well. We did cover a lot of Texas over the Memorial Day weekend. County-by-county, we touched Travis, Williamson, Lampasas, Burnet, Mills, Brown, Coleman, Taylor, Nolan, Mitchell, Scurry, Garza, Lynn, Lubbock. Back through Lynn, Garza, Scurry, Mitchell, Nolan to Taylor - then; Jones, Callahan, Shackleford, Stephens, Young, Palo Pinto, Eastland, Commanche and back through Mills, Burnet, Lampasas, Williamson and Travis. Whew! Sounds much longer than just, "We went to Lubbock, and then the lake before coming home.

And I returned home to discover that along the way, I traded pillows with a hotel somewhere. Whenever possible, I carry a little "knee" pillow with me. I realized the morning after we got home that my pillow didn't feel just right. Sure enough, I left behind my ratty old pillow and arrived home with a rather new version. Does that make me a thief? I did, after all, trade them pillow-for-pillow.

Went by the Learning Ally studios on Friday. One of my co-readers from back in the day was being honored by a local group for his years of volunteer service - both at Learning Ally, and also for many hours of service in the Manor school system. It was good to see him and several others from Learning Ally. One of the presenters stated that on average, a volunteer hour is valued at $23.42. Don't know if that's valid or not. If it is, my time reading at LA could be valued at $117,100 dollars! Huh.

Are you sure the A/C is working? Sure seems hawt in here.


No comments: