Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday Meanderings - 3.4.10`9

Random bits and pieces

The car wars - the neighbor parking his car in front of the other neighbor's house (and our driveway) seems to have taken a strange twist. The parked car has been absent for more than a week now, so I wondered if there had been a truce.

Then this weekend we saw a series of stakes and markers placed every few feet in a line between the two houses. A fence? But then we saw that the stakes were also placed in a row across the car-parker's front lawn, Fencing in the house from the street? Who does that? A barricade? A moat? Gun turrets? This is getting weird.

I'm not even going to talk about the weird weather. OK, I'll just say it's weird. They say the bluebonnets - which are showing up in abundance now will survive this freeze, but the Fredricksburg peaches may not. Bummer.

I was searching old blog posts foe a specific item yesterday, and after opening up a series of posts to see if I had found what I was looking for, I was struck by how many items I have written and completely forgotten about. Sort of like not having to buy new books because after a few months I can just reread the old books, having completely forgotten what happened. Makes me wonder if I need to continue writing new posts. I'll just start again from the beginning and hope that your memory is as bad as mine!

And I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did run across a YouTube video of Elvis, along with Scotty and Bill, performing in the high school auditorium on April 13, 1955. I was there - and backstage during the concert, so maybe you can pick me out of the folks that get shown for a fraction of a second. If you can, let me know which one I am.


 


No comments: