Sunday, August 26, 2007

Advice to those new to the Austin area.

I’ll start with some advice for those new to the Austin area; there are several places you want to avoid if at possible. Three of those that come to mind are:

  • The Outlet Malls during Tax-Free Weekend
  • The UT Campus area when the Freshmen arrive for the start of school
  • The Memorial Stadium area any time there is a home game

Now on to current happenings: Last week we were going to meet Barbara’s sister and brother and their spouses for lunch at the Cracker Barrel in San Marcos. It probably would have been an enjoyable time, but unfortunately we never found a place to park so had to return to Austin without meeting them.

Yesterday Barbara needed to pick up a class syllabus from the Kwik Copy in Dobie Mall. We agreed it would be easier if I drove her down and dropped her off. I hope she gets home okay. I finally abandoned the car on the Drag and walked over to Lamar and caught the bus home. I’m hoping the gridlock will ease up after classes actually start so I can retrieve the car.

And I saw a really cute T-shirt that I wanted to get Barbara. It’s only available at the UT store. Can’t go next week end, since we’ve got other plans. Maybe the Saturday after that.

3 comments:

Rob said...

To your list I would add:

Picking up a Maggie Mae's T-shirt on October 31st, and

Getting a room reservation form for the Austin Convention Center March 7 of next year.

Rob said...

And visiting the botanical gardens the last weekend of March.

Rob said...

Some would say I-35 any day.