Friday, September 28, 2007

Amusing yourself on the Internet

Without question the World Wide Web has delivered untold hours of mindless entertainment right to our fingertips, and that’s not even counting YouTube. Even retired I don’t have enough time to browse through the millions of videos. Okay, I confess that I do go there when someone sends me a link of something they think is _____ (you fill in the blank). But if you are otherwise looking for a way to waste some time, you might try www.custommotelsign.com and see what you can come up with.

Or how about www.customroadsign.com? How I’ve longed to see this sign.

Or have you always wanted your own Hollywood star? www.getyourownstar.com is for you.


Award yourself a medal! www.getamedal.com

Getting married? www.customweddingsign.com . Okay, you get the picture(s).

But the winner for spending endless hours staring at the computer has to go to Google’s very own Blogger Play. http://play.blogger.com/ This is an endless stream (really, they are being uploaded faster than you can view them) of the pictures being placed on your and my blog pages, along with those going on the blogs of a few million of our closest friends.

Now, I’ve only watched countless hours of these pictures, but I have come to the conclusion that our non-English speaking friends are more prodigious bloggers than we are – there seem to be a great many pictures that contain words I am not familiar with. And Futball is a very popular topic – second only to babies. You can go fast or slow, click on “show info” to see information about the blog or even click on the picture to go to the blog. That’s what I need – to find more blogs that I am interested in! And sometimes it seems to go in a loop, just in case you missed something the first time.

A caveat. Google says they try very hard to screen the pictures, but they make no promises about what you might see. So keep looking.

3 comments:

pat said...

You have way too much free time!!!

Barbara said...

I keep telling him that, but can't come up with enough other stuff to keep him busy.

Julie said...

Okay, the medal and the star are _very_ funny - and real-looking, too. Did you make those, or did someone make them for you?