Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Free Hugs!

Rob sent me the link to this video and I shamelessly stole it for a blog entry. Thank you and sorry, Rob.

Watch this video first, and then I'll talk more about it. Bring tissues.



I then got to checking on this and found the back story and the guy in the video who evidently started it, Juan Mann - according to Wikipedia, a pseudonym and a homonym of "one man." Here's a link to his story. Check out "How it all started."

Then I browsed YouTube for a while and I found that there are videos for locations all over the the world, apparently; among them NYC, Toulouse, France, Tel Aviv, Miami Beach, Peru, Amsterdam, Scotland, and of course, Austin.



How about a hug?

4 comments:

pat said...

Wow! Hugs count!

Rob said...

At least you credited me with the link. More than I deserved.

I love the video - thought the black & white to color was a cool effect.

Cool movement - you even smile just watching the video by yourself.

Rob said...

One more thing - it was cool seeing all of the places you know in the Austin video. I had already decided I knew the neighborhood before I saw Rooster Andrew's.

Julie said...

Cool. I had heard from the students about someone giving free hugs on the WVU campus by the Mountainlair, but I had no idea it was such a widespread thing. Cool.