Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Pleasant Lull

Things are in somewhat of a lull here, after the busyness and excitement of the Holidays. It doesn't make good blog material, but it has made for a quiet and pleasant period.

About the most excitement we've had was the kitchen faucet leaking. There's a mysterious timing about holidays and family get-together and plumbing problems, isn't there? I can still take you to the exact place in the yard at the house in Breckenridge where you would dig to get to the pipe to remedy plumbing problems there. Our leak was even something that I could reach and fix (after waiting a week for American-Standard to send me the life-time warranty parts).

Oh, and there was the little rodent issue. While I was under the sink I noticed rodent droppings. There has been absolutely no indication anywhere else that we had critters, but when the exterminator came for quarterly service he set some traps (and left us a big box of traps in case we needed more). Sure enough, we dispatched one - a rattus rattus - commonly known as "Roof Rats" and we did some damage to another. No activity in several days but the traps are still set!

Austin Grad did not get a Certificate of Occupancy for their new building as quickly as they had planned (Hello, this is Austin... the city that invented bureaucratic run-around and delay!), so they had to postpone the semester opening for a week. Mom starts back Tuesday, but it's a short drive and free parking!

And I actually went to the office a couple of days this past week, so I guess our lull is about over.

1 comment:

pat said...

I am so glad the ponies have ridden off into the sunset.

It's not plumbing with me, it's the heating system.
Second call, hope it's fixed.