Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday Meanderings - 12.20.10

I had a store clerk (in a Santa hat) describe to me the 4 "Santa" stages of life:
  1. You believe in Santa
  2. You don't believe in Santa
  3. You are Santa
  4. You look like Santa
 Got a dollar bill in change the other day that was stamped with "WheresGeorge.com." These marked bills are sort of like geo-cache travel bugs; the serial numbers are logged on the web site and you can look them up to see how they have traversed the globe. This bill was pretty old and worn and I thought it would have quite a travel history, arriving in Austin from somewhere really remote so I looked it up and discovered it had started its journey some 4 days ago in Lockhart Texas, and I was the bill's first finder. Oh, well.

Went to Fort Worth on Saturday for the Cousin's Christmas (I'll have more to say about that on Wednesday). Traffic was typical IH-35; that is, bumper-to-bumper. Fortunately, it's only that way between Austin and Fort Worth.

Halfway between Salado and Georgetown - in wide open country - there is a highway sign that says "Downtown - next exit." Excuse me? There may be a downtown somewhere on that exit, but it is not anywhere in sight. And while you are pondering that, in a few minutes another sign presents itself with the message "Higher Education Campuses." Uhhh, the University of Jarell? Round Rock U? You got me.

And who knew you could have so much fun with duct tape?

No comments: