Friday, December 3, 2010

Brother Bob's Traveling Salvation Show

The beginning of  Bob the Dog's adventures can be found here.

And the emphasis is on traveling. When I went back the next day to the field off North Lamar where Bob and his group had pitched their tent, literally, all I found was an empty lot. There were a lot of tire tracks and gouged-up real estate, but no trace of Bob, or anyone else, for that matter.

I tried the only phone number I had but it was out of service, so I e-mailed Bob and immediately got his "Out of Office" message:

Still on the road Re: Caught your show; need to talk

Bob Dog bobdog1215@gmail.com to me

G’day Mate;

No time to chat. Bob and the Back Yard Howlers are currently on tour and it's load in, do the show, load out, and back on the bus.

Back at you later.
I guess he needs to update his message.

However, a couple of days later, I got this email:
Crikey! You saw the service?

Bob Dog bobdog1215@gmail.com to me

G’day Mate;

Glad you stopped in. I wanted to come by the old howlin' grounds, but as it turned out, we had to nick off  in a bit of a hurry. In fact we came a cooee of getting a ride in the divvy van. I really thought the Austin coppers would cut us some slack, seeing as as how much good we were doing the locals, but some blokes get aggro at a little free enterprise, I guess.

I guess you saw in the journos that the tour was bollixed. Bugle Boy and I simply couldn't agree artistically, and I swear, the young Sheila that the Sheriff was inquiring about told me she was old enough! I guess it's all for the better, though. I've finally found my true calling!

We've fetched up in Lubbock; the blokes here seem to appreciate a little old-time religion.

Hallelujah!

Bob the Dog
So all you Lubbock readers keep a lookout for a big white tent in an empty field somewhere. And lock up your daughters.

...More about Bob? Who knows? It may depend on the police.

No comments: