Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Meanderings - 2.21.2011

Stopped at a Torchy's Tacos the other day (which I recommend you try, BTW). The logo and signage all say "Damn Fine Tacos." But inside, I noticed a wall was covered with tray liners featuring the little devil art work and the slogan - and they all had been decorated  by elementary school students. Uh Oh! What about the "D" word? Not to worry; the slogan on all these works of art said, "Darn Fine Tacos."

I was working with a new director at the RFB&D studios, and at the break he told me that "listening to you is like enjoying a smooth Guinness." Thanks. I think.

I bought a new desktop computer the other day, to replace my 11- year old dinosaur that is slowly grinding to a halt. The new machine has a processor that is 77% faster, has 1,100% more memory and has a hard drive that is 1,200 % larger. And it cost less than 1/3 of the machine it is replacing. Wouldn't it be great if that were true of all the things we buy? Funny thing, though. Even though the main Dell plant is almost in my backyard, this computercame from El Paso.

Barb left at 8am the other morning for an appointment. I did not see her off. About 9am she texted me to ask if I wanted to meet her for breakfast. I was up at 9 (barely) but did not hear the text alert. So she texted again and said, never mind, she would get something and go on to class. About 9:30 the phone rang.
"I need you to come. I've locked my keys in the car."
"Okay, where are you?"
"Uh...well...Krispy Kreme."
Busted. But after she bought me some donuts, it was all okay.

Love the fajitas at Pappasitos, but it is SO noisy in there. The other day we decided that if we were going to have a conversation at the dinner table it could only happen if we texted each other.

2 comments:

Rob said...

"like enjoying a smooth Guinness." Wow - you have hit the big time!

Barbara said...

And the worst thing was the next day I discovered I have a spare key in my purse which I'd forgotten.