Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday Meanderings - 10.19.2015

I was sitting in a doctor's waiting room the other day and two gentlemen, obviously father and son, were working with the receptionist to set up a follow-up visit. It seemed complicated, based on the conversation, and finally the receptionist said, "How about if we just give you a call on Thursday?" And the answer was - "We don't have any telephones."

In this day and time that's a staggering statement. Sixth graders have phones. The panhandler on the street corner has a phone. Not counting the obsolete phones in the drawer, Barb and I can account for 8 phones and 3 lines. If you don't have a phone - any phone - that has to be a very deliberate choice on your part.

Being a newbie at this grilling business, I had idly wondered how long a tank of propane would last. Oh, about halfway through Saturday's grilled talapia. Oh, well. They were easily finished in the broiler. We were a whole lot better off than Trout Street Bar and Grill in Port A., who ran out of propane just before the weekend meal service began and had to send about 40 unfed diners home.
 
New doctor, new parking garage. You know how I feel about parking garages. IMHO, they are the cause of most TxDot "Missing Elderly" notices. You drive in one end, circle around confusingly, hunt desperately for the EXIT and get spit out in a totally different time zone and city from where you started.  This new one is especially confusing. I swear I passed my original parking space twice just trying to find the exit.

We follow the UT Volleyball team closely, and I've scoured the rule book, but I can't find anywhere it states "All female volleyball players must wear their hair in a ponytail." I know it's in there, because every. single. player. has one.

Here are two pictures of bumper stickers from a car we paused behind.
Okay. Lots of dogs have issues. It is the second sticker that disturbs me.
At least we were warned.

No comments: