Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 1.11.2016

Let me be among the last to wish you a Happy New Year. I have written 2 checks in the last few days and I successfully remembered to date both of them in 2016. As a bonus, I even dated this post correctly. So far, so good.

On a recent Southwest Airlines flight, the attendant announced there there was no WiFi on board, but that they did have 2 counselors available if needed.

More beeping in the middle of the night. I thought that I had identified everything in the house that could go beep, but a mystery beep the other night really had me puzzled, especially when I finally tracked it into the kitchen, of all places. Did you know that a cordless phone that is not charging correctly will beep? You're welcome.

Some time ago I made mention of the fact that Disney movies can be really depressing. I even listed a top 10 that I found somewhere:
10. Toy Story - Buzz Lightyear learns he's a toy
  9. Robin Hood - Skippy's coin gets tax collected
  8. The Fox and the Hound - Fox is abandoned
  7. Oliver and Company - kittens for sale
  6. Beauty and the Beast - Beast dies
  5. Dumbo - Dumbo visits his mother in the cage
  4. Bambi - the mother's death (traumatized since childhood)
  3. Wall-E - Wall-E's loneliness
  2. Lion King - Mufasa's death
And the number 1 most depressing Disney movie - UP - "Once we’ve all become emotionally invested in the couple, the writers rip the rug out from under us."
Somewhere in that list we need to add Inside Out. I was not prepared for Bing Bong, the discarded imaginary friend.

And here's a sign we encountered a number of times while visiting a bird sanctuary.




No comments: