Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday Meandering - 7.18.2016

Remember when we were getting all that rain here in Texas? You know, back in... how long ago was that again? Plus which, it's HAWT!

A few weeks ago someone cloned my Facebook account - you know, when your already-friends start getting new friend requests from you, but it's not really you. If it hasn't happened to you it probably will sometime in the future.

Brent, one of my friends from church, befriended a bogus request from Not-Me and he told me that it wasn't long before he started getting messages from the "new" Bob Anderson about some product or financial deal or some such. That's when he knew that it wasn't really me, but he decided to play along.

So he messaged back and said "Sounds great. Tell me more," so of course Not-Me immediately put the big sales pitch on him and Brent kept responding with, "Wow! Yes, of course I'm interested! Tell me what to do."

This went on for a number of messages, and finally my friend said, "Bob, this is great! I'm coming over to your house right now so we can wrap this up." And got an urgent message, "Uh, I'm not at home at the moment. Let's do this over the Internet." But Brent said, "Nope. I'm on my way!" And never heard from the dude again.


Meandered up to a new-to-us eating establishment last evening called Mod Pizza. It's a chain out of the Seattle area founded by a bunch of ex-Starbucks folks. The basic premise is that all the fixin's are laid out cafeteria style and you pick and choose what you want, then they run them through the ovens. One price for any and all toppings, and they're really, really tasty. Highly recommend it.

And look what's right next door!


And they are hiring!


I could see the wheels turning in Barb's head - "He could work part time and be out of my hair, plus we would get an employee discount." You know, that might not be a bad idea, at that. Do they hire greeters at In-N-Out?

1 comment:

pat said...

We have a similar pizza place called Pie Five. Have only been there once. Was good.