Monday, February 12, 2018

Monday Meanderings - 2.12.2018

Busy week.

Olympics, of course. If you know me, you know I'm an Olympic junkie. Though we didn't get around to watching the opening ceremonies until Sunday afternoon, I have been following the curling late-night, however. The rock is in the house.

Friday and Saturday nights I was busy with sound for the Central Texas Medical Orchestra. The guest virtuoso for this program was a renowned classical guitarist. FYI, classical guitars do NOT plug into the sound system - they must be miked and there is a wide variety of opinions on how best to do this. If I may say so, I think I nailed it.

I'm on chapter 22 of 27 in my current audiobook. See, I am getting better at this whole process. Except I now have a significant problem. Borborygmus. If your low-carb, high protein diet does not fill your stomach (not even close) it signals loudly that it is unhappy and recording comes to a screeching (or gurgling) halt.

We are really excited here in North Austin that TxDot has begun a massive construction project to add new fly-overs to the intersection of IH-35 and 183. We pass through that intersection multiple times during our daily travels. Joy.

No comments: