Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday Meanderings - 4.16.2018

Woke up the other morning in the stone age. No Internet, no phone service, no TV. It's fairly sobering how much we depend on the Internet to be there for so many reasons. Checking Facebook is not the issue. The big deal is how much we depend on the resources. Barb can't get what she needs for her ESL lesson prep. I can't do book narration or even preparations. The files I need are on the cloud.

So with no Internet, one spends the morning cleaning out drawers and file cabinets and sorting out all the detritus that ends up in my office. And checking every few minutes to see if Spectrum has restored service. Luckily, it was a little too chilly to comfortably work in the yard. Too bad.

Alternately, one can sit around and listen to the clock chime. I calculated that the heirloom clock chimes 312 times in a twenty-four hour period. Other chiming clocks strike 306 times, but the family clock over achieves and strikes 3 extra times at the 1 o'clock hour. Ahh! Internet's back. Thank goodness. I was getting ready to rearrange my sock drawer.

No comments: