Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday Meandering - 2;25.2019

May have to consider renaming this blog segment, in that I don't do much actual meandering as of late. Unless you count trips to the doctor, the dentist, and Central Market. Oh, and there's Chuy's, but that all has a certain sameness to it. No adventure.

Re-retiring from sound-desk activities has made a big difference; turns out that kept me a lot busier than I realized. So, I'm happy to stick around the house and record books and watch Longhorn sports, but it really lowers the Meandering quotient blog-wise.

That's not to say that people and critters have not meandered our way. Possums are regular visitors to our patio, as is the occasional raccoon. A couple of weeks ago 4 young  gray foxes made themselves quite at home on the patio and in the back yard. I got a bit of video of their visit and Rob's vet friend made a positive ID.

And then the cops come by fairly often.

Several days ago I saw that the Ring video doorbell had texted (in the middle of the night)  that "Someone is at your door." When I checked the video, it showed 3 police officers and a K9 dog walking through the front yard! Nothing seemed amiss when I checked the neighbor hood, and nothing ever showed up on the police report website.

Then Thursday night - no, make that 4am Friday morning - while up for other purposes, I noticed that there were a lot of blue and red lights flashing in front of the house. There were 3 patrol cats and a half-dozen cops in front of our house, and a big flat-bed towing rig in the middle of the street, loading an auto (that I did not recognize - not the one that the dude is parking across from our driveway, unfortunately).

Auto loaded, the tow truck drove off, as did the 3 patrol cars. A repo? With 3 patrol cars in attendance? Don't know. Didn't get any photos, but somebody will probably post about it on Nextdoor.  I'll let you know.

And then these guys dropped by Sunday morning.



No comments: