Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Great Mattress Adventure - Night 1

Now we know why Tempur-Pedic insists that you try the mattress for at least 30 days. It did not cure all aches and pains the first night. But... I didn't roll toward the edge, and the body-sized depressions filled in quickly when you turned over. It's a lot firmer than our old topper-topped mattress and I felt that firmness all night. This is not my bed, I kept thinking through the night.

Plus I kept waking up, thinking, "Does my hip hurt? Does my back ache? Well, not so much I had to get up and sit in the recliner (where I usually spend a couple of hours each night). So, maybe there's hope. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

pat said...

Went through the mattress trauma about a year and a half ago. Considered and looked at Sleep Comfort, Tempur-pedic, even stretched out on some.

Settled for a closeout model of a very well know brand that was on sale. Plush not pillow top - very, very happy. Sleep wonderfully well unless the ball game was too exciting to forget.

Rob said...

I hope night #2 is very, very good.

I think about a new mattress sometimes--especially when my right hip hurts so badly that I can't stand it.

But then, the pain passes, and with it, all thoughts of expensive mattreses!

Let us know what you think about this new one--you may be on to something really fabulous!

Jana