Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 6.23.2014

Had a meeting with our financial adviser last week. He said we were in great financial shape, but hoped we didn't have any long term plans. Like, say, in July.

One of our favorite churches for sign board strangeness, Skyview Baptist, is promoting a VBS this summer with the theme "Weird Animals." It would almost be worth attending just to see what that's about.

Republic of Texas motorcycle rally brought all the bikes to town this past weekend. For the first time, all of the attendees survived the rally; no deaths due to accidents.

World Cup Brazil is underway. I really regret not ordering that 15' HD TV. Actually, I should have ordered a couple; one for World Cup and one for the College World Series. Fortunately, the Spurs wrapped it up in five, so that frees up the schedule a bit. Still, I'm not ashamed to admit one day we just changed channels every two hours, going from WC to CWS back to WC, then to NBA. I'm going through a lot of Visine!

The shop where I normally get my hair cut has just added hot towels to the process. I may start getting my hair cut more often. Is once a day too often?

I'm thinking it would be helpful to put up one of those write-n-wipe boards like they have at the hospital. You know, where they write today's date and important info every morning. It has been Saturday three times this week. I really need to keep up.

And here's what appears to be a good deal, though the vacuuming part tickles.

No comments: