Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 8.4.2014

Even before we ended our cruise, the Princess Line was pushing the next trip. If you signed up before you left the ship, they offered a big discount and on-board dollars to spend. It didn't matter if you didn't know when and where you wanted to go next, that could all be worked out later.

Since getting home we have averaged two or three emails a week offering similar deals on future cruises. We even got a phone call from our "personal cruise representative." So far, while interesting, none of the offers has tempted us into signing up. Until this email showed up:
Chocolate desserts, chocolate wine tasting, chocolate drinks menu, even chocolate spa treatments. Barb said, "Don't lose that email. I don't care where the cruise is going."

Another large tree limb is down. The good news is that it is from my neighbor's tree. The bad news is that the limb is largely in our yard. I guess I need to see if he wants to borrow my chain saw.

It's August and the low this weekend was 69 degrees. This has been a strange summer.

Rapidly approaching Hatch green chili season; both Chuy's and Central Market are promoting the events heavily. Still a week away, but CM was full of all kinds of baked goodies featuring chilies, including Hatch chili apple pie. I wonder if Princess Cruises knows about green chilies?

For some reason, I have been added to a list of people that might benefit from services available in China. The emails are showing up with verbiage like:

Dear Purchasing manager:
Glad to know you are in the market of rubber parts. Our company is a manufacture of professional rubber parts. We suppy retail all kinds of standard parts.    

And 

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

- 报^关货^运

I'm pretty sure that I am not who they think I am. I think.

1 comment:

pat said...

Hummm none of my offers from Princes Cruises. mention Chocolate.