Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 12.29.2014

Welcome to the last post of the year. I hope the past year has been a good one for you, and that the year to come brings abundant peace and joy.

Bowl Mania is upon us; wall-to-wall football! Watching a ho-hum blowout? There are 3 other games to choose from. Of course there are some problems with binge-watching football. For example, you see the same commercials, over and over. And over. After a while you really don't care if the Garcias got a new Buick or not. And what I have in my wallet is my business - not that of some dude in red pants.

One frequent commercial for Tamiflu warns that a possible side effect is unusual behavior. For many I know, myself included, I wonder just how you determine what unusual behavior is, and how it differs from everyday behavior?

The pecan saga continues. The overwhelmed Senior Activity Center did get my 40 pounds of pecans cracked in a reasonable time frame. That's the good news. The bad news is that in their rush I think they resorted to cracking them with sledge hammers. I have 2 big bags of pecan parts. Very small parts. Oh well. I have plenty of time to pick out the good stuff while I am watching Bowl games. And commercials.

At our church's Christmas Eve candlelight service, a young couple sat down in front of me with what I at first thought was an infant in arms. I then realized she was holding a small dog wearing a Christmas vest! I was a bit indignant at first, but if you think about it, there were probably dogs, and sheep and cattle in attendance at the first Christmas eve.

No comments: