Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Meandering - 2.23.2015

Last week we were sitting in Chuy's (I know that's hard to believe) when a guy came in carrying flowers and a big teddy bear. He joined a young woman already seated, and I'm guessing he was either very late for their dinner date - or had had completely forgotten Valentines Day.

Let's hear it for the beginning of UT Baseball and Softball. Sort of fills in the spaces between basketball games and keeps the TV background noise level just right.

I was talking to a customer service rep the other day and she gave me an address of the company in Minot North Dakota. I mentioned that she probably was a little chilly right about then. Her response: "I don't want to talk about it."

A tow truck passed me the other day hauling a banged-up vehicle with "ABC Driving School" emblazoned on the side. I thought that ironic and reached for the phone to snap a picture. Luckily, it dawned on me that that act would probably run afoul of Austin's "No handheld devices" ordinance, and I decided that the picture was not worth the $500 fine. You'll just have to imagine what that looked like.

And I guess it really is Spring in Austin. The illegitimate cabbage is blooming abundantly and the Bluebonnet plants are showing up (though not the Bluebonnet flowers themselves). Bradford Pears are showing white blossoms and the Ash trees are well and truly leafed out. And for sure the Oak, Ash and Elm pollen is making itself known.

Bless you!

No comments: