Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 3.14.2016

We survived Carmageddon - the total gridlock caused by simultaneously scheduling Austin Rodeo, SXSW and a visit from the POTUS all on the same day. As it turns out, we did need to go south on Friday, from North Austin to San Marcos, so we took the alternate route.
It added a little time, but we totally avoided downtown Austin.

Obama says he likes to come to Austin for the food. Last time he was here, he jumped the line at Franklin's BBQ; this time he stopped at Torchy's Tacos. Austin and San Antonio have been skirmishing over who has the best tacos. I guess the Prez voted in that election.

I was sitting in a doctor's waiting room the other day and two women - who were at least within hailing distance of my generation  - were looking at something on an iPhone. Comparing grand-kids, I thought to myself. Then I tuned in on the conversation (i.e. eavesdropped) and I realized they were discussing "latent delays on server A versus server B, and wondering if they could better balance the workload by offloading this or that task to another network." I think I misjudged these ladies.

Have I mentioned before how I don't care for Daylight Savings Time? Still don't. Setting aside the 12 clocks in our household that needed resetting, there's the whole body-clock thing for the next week or so. Who ever thought this was a good idea?

Barb and I have long thought the loading dock at Home Depot is a place that is in desperate need of marriage  counselors. This week we decided that the produce section of Central Market might benefit as well. Overheard: "I don't care. Get what you want - I'm not going to eat any of it!"


No comments: