Monday, September 5, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 9.5.2016

Happy Labor Day to you, a holiday where we celebrate hard labor by not doing any. For my part, I plan on spending the day with my feet propped up while I consume tasty snacks and cool beverages.

I deserve the rest because Y'all, we are experiencing some real chaos in our lives! They are refurbishing the Walmart that we frequent - and when I say refurbish, I mean they have picked up everything in the store and moved it to some new location! By everything, I mean every row of shelves, every counter, every cooler and every check-out stand has been shifted from its original location - or soon will be - while they redo the whole, entire, many football fields sized floor.

It took me a good 20 minutes to find the coffee the other day. I asked an employee to help me look, but he got lost over by what used to chips and snacks, and I had to find it on my on. I mean really, if I wanted to hunt for things I would shop at Target or someplace else! Even the parking lot is being resurfaced. They keep closing random sections so you have to hunt for an unblocked entrance and hope that they don't close it while you are hunting for coffee and you won't be able to leave  because your car is now a lump of black tar.

There is a bit of goodness in the most recent TXDOT survey: I-35 in Austin is no longer the most congested road in Texas. We pass that honor gladly to Houston and I-610 - though it measures a mere .01 more (in million annual hours of delay) than our beloved I-35.

And as if we were not already embarrassed enough by thankfully-former Governor GoodHair, he has announced that he is going to appear on Dancing With The Stars. Just hope he sticks to the two-step; he has trouble remembering the third part.



No comments: