Monday, December 19, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 12.19.2016

Brrr! It's cold outside! We only experience one or two really cold spells each winter and we are in the midst of one now. I admit it is pretty lame to complain about our mid-twenties temperatures when I look at all the minus numbers across the nation, but hey! There's a reason we live in the south.

Saturday was the annual Cousins Christmas get-together in the Metroplex. We go up for the day, visit with relatives that we see all too infrequently and eat a lot of tasty food. Hard to beat that.

This trip annually reminds us that 1) IH-35 is under construction. It has been for all the years we have traveled it, and there is no expectation that that will ever change. And 2) Fort Worth Traffic is as bad as Austin traffic, and that's saying a lot!

In addition to the normal activities of our church community, we host a number of neighborhood and community gatherings in our building, and often I end up running sound for these events. Last week I was at the sound desk for a Christmas program put on by a neighborhood Spanish language immersion kindergarten. The director sort of reminded me of the TV personality Sofia Vergara - very latina, very fast-talking, hair-on-fire leadership style. It was a hoot. It is very seldom I have a program director ask me if I could turn up the music. Why, yes. I can. Would you like the concrete floor to shake?


No comments: