Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Meanderings

On the way to work the other morning I watched some Bozo try to shoot the gap across 2 lanes of traffic - into my lane. He clipped one of the cars ahead of him and ended up stopped - in my lane. I managed to avoid him and then the clipper and the clipee started pulling to the side of the road to inspect the damage when the clipper took off. The clipee took off after him and I watched them disappear around the corner as I sat there and wondered if I could just stay home from now on and not play in the traffic. I guess not.

Speaking of staying home, you've noticed that gasoline is on its way back up. On the way to supper the other night I noticed the corner station was still at $2.15 while others were higher than that, so I thought it would be best to go ahead and fill up on this outing. We ate, went by the library and came back to find the price of gas at the corner station was now $2.25. He who hesitates pays $1.40 more for a tank of gas.

Now that the bird feeders are by a window we have more mid-window collisions; usually by the doves, who I have decided are not the brightest birds in the nest. But the other night - long after the birds are in bed - something really large hit the patio window. Mom and I both jumped about a foot in the air. Never found out what it was, but if it was a bird I can add ostrich or emu to the bird list.

And just what is the name of this company - and do you suppose they want a discount from the sign company?

No comments: